[Dehs-devel] DEHS for ario package

Raphael Geissert atomo64 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:34:53 UTC 2008

Hello Michal,

On 21/04/2008, Michal Čihař <nijel at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  ario package has proper watch file for some time (mid January), but
>  DEHS still does not see it and still uses the one generated by wizard
>  which is wrong. Is this some known bug?

From wiki.d.o/DEHS:
"==Things that everybody should know==
===Extraction of watch files===
DEHS gathers the watch files by downloading the .diff.gz file of a
given package proceding by extracting the debian/watch file from it.
This means that native and packages which contain the debian/watch
file inside the .orig.tar.gz aren't processed by DEHS.
Note that this is not a bug, if the package provides a watch file it
shouldn't be a Debian-native package."

Completing the last sentence: and DEHS won't download the orig.tar.gz
of every package not shipping a watch file in the .diff.gz just to
check if there's one.

Hope you understand the reasoning behind not downloading the .orig.tar.gz's.

>  --
>         Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Sincerely,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.