[Dehs-devel] wesnoth: New upstream version available

Raphael Geissert atomo64 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 23:27:02 UTC 2008

On 26/02/2008, Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda at deb.at> wrote:
> * Debian External Health System <dehs-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org> [2008-02-26 05:34:28 CET]:
>  > The Debian External Health System (a.k.a. DEHS) has found a new upstream version
>  >  of the package wesnoth in the unstable distribution.
>  > The current package version is 1.3.18-1 and latest by upstream is 1.3.19.
>
>   No, that's wrong. The current package version is 1.3.19-1 - and was in
>  the pool at the time when this message got sent.

DEHS relies on the mirror at merkel; I'm unable to tell if the mirror
was already up to date when DEHS checked that package.

>  > If you are the maintainer or a co-maintainer of the package
>  >  please consider updating the package.
>
>   Please consider fixing your script with respect to properly checking
>  the version of the packages in the pool. I assume it might have to do
>  that my original upload happend on powerpc architecture?

No, DEHS works based on the source packages, it doesn't care at all
about binary ones.

>   Can you please make sure that the mails are in sync with respect to the
>  pool - and I would suggest to delay the mail by a few days so that
>  responsive maintainers already working on it don't feel pushed that
>  quickly, it's more annoying than helping to immediately send it ahead.

When discussing the addition of this feature it was decided to go this
way because it is just a notification.
It is meant to notify the maintainer as soon as possible in order to
give him/her as much time as possible (including scheduling when to
work on it) since the release was made.
So I don't see the point on delaying its delivery.
Please remember that the notifications will only be received when
subscribed to the summary PTS tag (there was a bug some weeks ago
which caused the email to be delivered to summary and to the no-tag
address).