[Dehs-devel] Problem with connectivity?

Raphael Geissert atomo64 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 02:00:07 UTC 2008

Hello Dominic,

On 09/03/2008, Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li> wrote:
> [please CC me on replies; I'm not subscribed]
>
>  Hello,
>
>  It looks like there is a problem with alioth talking to
>  developer.belios.de:
>
>  http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/maintainer.php?name=mapnik
>
>  This has been a problem over a couple of months, and I've verified that
>  I have connectivity to that host.
>
>  Could you poke the alioth admins about this maybe?

[19:05] <sgran> Atomo64: this was discussed here a few days ago, sec
[19:06] <sgran> 17:34 < paravoid> buxy:
[19:06] <sgran> 17:34 < paravoid> too many people are attacking
BerliOS using libwww-perl.
[19:06] <sgran> 17:34 < paravoid> This is the reason why
217.196.43.134 is blocked from the
[19:06] <sgran> 17:34 < paravoid> firewall for 24 hours.
[19:06] <sgran> 17:35 < paravoid> response from a Lutz Henckel

I'll try to reach consensus on using a proxy on alioth when fetching
data from external websites so we reduce the overall number of
requests.
Other than that I guess I'll have to talk to the berlios people and
try to reach an agreement.