[Dehs-devel] dstat: New upstream version available

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Sep 18 11:39:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008, Debian External Health System wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Debian External Health System (a.k.a. DEHS) has found a new upstream version
> of the package dstat in the unstable distribution.
> The current package version is 0.6.7-1 and latest by upstream is 0.6.8.
>
> If you are the maintainer or a co-maintainer of the package
> please consider updating the package.
>
> The source code of version 0.6.8 by upstream can be found at:
> http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/dstat/dstat-0.6.8.tar.bz2
>
> For more information please refer to the DEHS report of dstat at:
> http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/report.php?package=dstat
>
> If you believe this message can be improved in any way don't hesitate to contact me
> by replying to this message.
> Note that the latest version by upstream is found thanks to the debian/watch file
> provided by your package, in case this message is a false positive please review
> the watch file before reporting.
>
> Sincerely,
> Raphael Geissert

Raphael,

Great work. I never heard of the DEHS before but I must say it looks very
good.

I was wondering if it would become possible in the future to subscribe to
a package t get this mail without being a packager/developer ? As a
CentOS/RHEL developer I would be very interested to track software release
via DEHS.

I now use Freshmeat, and IMO Freshmeat should also include something like
this to keep on top of new releases.

I blogged about DEHS out of pure excitement :) Here is the link:

 	http://dag.wieers.com/blog/another-nice-debian-innovation

Thanks again,