Problem with *.zip archives

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sat Apr 12 22:22:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 13.04.2014, 00:02 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:35:41PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Samstag, den 12.04.2014, 23:19 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> > > I think it should be clarified how / whether you can propagate some of
> > > the new options (like --package to ignore Files-Excluded, --copy) can
> > > be propagated from uscan to mk-origtargz.
> >
> > my plan is to pass all information from uscan to mk-origtargz, for full
> > control. So mk-origtargz would only read debian/ in „interactive
> > convenience mode“. I hope the simplicity of interaction would outweigh
> > the duplication of debian/copyright reading code (and if not the latter
> > can go into some Devscript:: module).
>
> Hmmm, I wonder if uscan needs to read d/copyright at all if the
> functionality to strip files will be moved to mk-origtargz.  However,
> some Devscript:: module sounds reasonable anyway.

yes; I’m undecisive about this. But let’s get mk-origtargz working on
its own before tackling the uscan integration.

The branch contains a preliminary working version, but not all
combinations have been tested, and the untested probably fail in very
obvious ways.

Next up: Writing a sufficiently complete test suite.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner