Problem with *.zip archives

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Fri Mar 21 12:56:43 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 21.03.2014, 13:43 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> > Personally I’d find
> >         File-Excluded: foo/bar.js
> > to exclude
> >  * foo/bar.js (in case of a dirty tarball)
> >  * pkg-1.0/foo/bar.js (as in your implementation) as well as
> >  * pkg-1.0/docs/foo/bar.js (this would be new
> > the easiest, as it will conceivably stand less in the way of the
> > developers, i.e. he would _not_ have to first look up the precise
> > semantics.
>
> +1 (or rather +10 since it is really flexible ;-))

Implemented. Worked with CImg.

> BTW, we should create a mothur-Package like test-case.  I just tested
> your last commit and I can not get the __MACOSX go away. :-(

My suggestion was not implemented until now. Please try again.

I extended the testcase with removing "./docs/html/js/jquery.js" using
the pattern "js/jquery.js".

> > Just found https://bugs.debian.org/685506 which contains an attempt to
> > give a more formal specification. Good.
> >
> > I suggest we replace
> >

> >         Patterns match pathnames that start at the root of the source
> >         tree.
> >         Thus, "Makefile.in" matches only the file at the root of the
> >         tree, but "*/Makefile.in" matches at any depth.
> >
> > with
> >
> >         Patterns match pathnames relative to any of their parent
> >         directories. So "icons/company.png" matches such a file in the
> >         root of the tree, in "pkg-1.0/icons/company.png" as well as in
> >         "pkg-1.0/docs/icons/company.png".
> >
> > This avoids the not well defined “root of the source tree”.
>
> +1

Would you be so kind to pursue the policy/specification change, given
that you are the original author?

Greetings,
Joachim

--