[Dict-common-dev] New Manx & Scots Gaelic packages

Peter Makholm peter@makholm.net
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:30:25 +0200

Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@computer.org> writes:

> There is a new release of ispell for Irish Gaelic, that I am packaging,
> that includes aspell support. What is the plan for aspell, etc. support
> within the dictionaries-common scheme?

The policy on aspell packages is a kind of work in progress.

A couple of days ago I officially took over maintainership of
aspell. My current plan is is to start a transition to New Aspell/Gnu
Aspell. I hope that during this transition we will be able to finalize
how the dictionary policy shoul support aspell.

I have no idea what changed in New Aspell it might be completly plug
in compatible with the old Aspell. But I havn't had the time to look
so much at it.

--
 Peter Makholm     |  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your
 peter@makholm.net |                            pants and slide on the ice