[Dict-common-dev] Visibility of the dictionaries-common Policy

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:03:17 +0100

Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

> I was just wondering if it is not time to start asking the integration of
> the dict-common Policy into the Debian Policy.  The first step would be to
> ask the webmasters to add a links to the SF site in the developer's corner
> web page (http://www.debian.org/devel/, under "Packaging").
>
> What do you think?

Yes, we probably should. I would like to remove the aspell stuff first
from the policy document to avoid confusions in the future, but I am
afraid I will not have much time to do that in the next two weeks. I
still do not know what to do with the aspell code once new aspell is at
some time uploaded. I think the only aspell package currently using the
installdeb-aspell stuff is my aspell-gl-minimos package, so that part
should not be a big problem. But I guess some thing will need to be done
for the emacs stuff since we cancel the ispell.el pre-settings for
languages and substitute them by our auto-generated ones.

Aspell manuals suggest that the best way to set aspell as spellchecker
under emacs is to put

(setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")

in the ~/.emacs file, but I am afraid that is read after all the lisp
dict-common stuff is read. Otherwise some sort of
emacsen-aspell-dicts.el file could be generated or one hardcoded added
to the package and read if aspell selected.

Cheers,

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html