[Dict-common-dev] [Guillaume.Allegre@imag.fr: paquet dictionaries-common]

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:47:36 +0200

Agustín Martín Domingo wrote:

 > I think it has nothing to do with apt-get but with flyspell itself. Why
 > it searches for ispell when byte compiling? I am trying to look for some
 > clue in flyspell.el itself, but until now I had no sucess at all.
 > Anybody with a better knowledge of flyspell can look at that?

By the way, why do we provide flyspell?. It is already in emacs and, if
I am not wrong we put it as is in the dictionaries-common package,
without changes. The only reason I see is to provide a more recent
flyspell than the one provided with emacs.

I see some things we can do on this, if we cannot find a way to fix this
problem in flyspell.el:

(a) Remove flyspell.el from dictionaries-common
(b) Remove flyspell.el from the list of emacsen to be byte compiled.
     This has probably some conflict with the emacsen policy.
(c) Contact Manuel Serrano, flyspell.el author, asking him for help.
     This is probably a good idea even if we remove flyspell.el, since
     flyspell should not check ispell existence during byte-compilation,
     only during program run.

What do you think?

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html