[Dict-common-dev] pspell, pspell-ispell, aspell and dictionaries-common

Domenico Andreoli cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:25:00 +0200

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 02:21:53PM +0200, Agust?n Mart?n Domingo wrote:
> I guess here wordlist stands for ispell dict
yes

> Using only that "Coding-System" field is not that straighforward.
>
>     On the one hand is needed more info than the contents of this field,
> since also the two characters name of the language is required, as in
> the british line of make-ispell-pwli
>
> british:      en-british          iso8859-1

right. i forgot it because it is encoded in the name of the pwli file

> One comment, I see that make-ispell-pwli is in /usr/share/pspell and
> that the generated pwli files are generated in that directory. Is that
> policy compliant? I assume that normal location for such autogenerated
no, it isn't policy compliant :( #144883

i was thinking at something like update-pspell-ispell-pwli. once i wrote
update-pspell-ispell-pwli i understood that your c) was my best way. and
though to send a "couple" of bug reports to ispell dictionary packages
(bug reports that i never sent).

pspell-ispell 0.12-6 hasn't make-ispell-pwli anymore. indeed it is
completely broken, since no ispell dictionaries know that a pwli file
is required.

> files is under the /var hierarchy, but may be I am wrong. Note that
> this would not be a problem in case of (c).

indeed :)

> My personal preference is somewhat towards (c), since I find it simpler,
> but I would like to know other points of view.

seconded. this would suffices for the needs of pspell-ispell.

> Cheers,

:)

> Agustin
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50