[Dict-common-dev] Problems with the sourceforge server

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 15:37:05 +0200

Hi all,

Seems that sourceforge has changed its server yesterday. That is
producing some problems, since now when uploading a new dict package to
sourceforge, I get the error

chmod: changing permissions of
`/home/groups/d/di/dict-common/htdocs/testing/sources/iportuguese_19980611-8.diff.gz':
Operation not permitted

for all files at the staging area not owned by the uploader (me).

The package itself is uploaded (with g=r not g=rw), but the Packages and
Sources files are not recreated and no mail is sent because of the
previous error.

Seems that the new server does not like

chmod -R g=u $www_dir

for files not owned by the person doing the upload.

I have changed things to something like

PKGFILES=`cat $CONTROLDIR/${PACKAGE}.list | sed 's:\.\/:\ :g' | tr -s
\n' ' '`
# previous command in one line
( cd $www_dir && chmod g=u $PKGFILES )

and seems to work. Currently I changed things only in my experimental
uploader 'ureleasedeb', a more general version of 'sf-dictrelease', so
'sf-dicrelease' is still broken. I hope to test this more extensively
and then port changes to 'sf-dictrelease'.

Of course any other suggestion is welcome.

In the meantime do not surprise too much if you find the same error.

Cheers,

Agustin

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html