[Dict-common-dev] Are we ready or dict-common migration?

Agustín Martín Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:24:07 +0200

Hi all,

We currently have at the sourceforge staging area ports of dictionaries
and wordlists for all such packages in Debian. Since we have tested the
system for major bugs for a while I think it is time to consider whether
we are ready for migration, and if we are, set a deadline for all the
final tests before the migration is done.

For that I would like to know whether you also find the new policy
system mature enough, and what is your point of view about the
transition. I have written a first draft for notification of a deadline
to IDWP maintainers and put it at the sourceforge CVS at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dict-common/www/staging-area/ANNOUNCE.pre-final

This document still needs some work, but I would prefer not leaving
things dormant a long time. There are some things that need to be decided:

- Is the system mature enough?

- Setting a deadline. For this we need to know time availability of
   people. I will be at a Conference in Poland from June 30th to
   July 07th, but after that I will be available until about July 20th.

- How transition will be carried out.

What do you think about all this?

Cheers,

Agustin

Agustin Martin Domingo, Dpto. de Fisica, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politecnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,
email:agmartin@aq.upm.es, http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/welcome.html