[Dict-common-dev] Are we ready or dict-common migration?

Rafael Laboissiere Rafael Laboissiere <laboissiere@mpipf-muenchen.mpg.de>
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:06:18 +0200

* Agustín Martín Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-06-14 20:44]:

> The key is the /usr/share/pspell/region-to-spelling.map file, belonging
> to the libpspell4 package. It currently has only

You are a genious.  It works, thanks.  Forget about my previous message.

However:

> pt_br brazilian
> pt_pt portuguese

This should be rather:

pt_br brazilian
pt_pt european

> Probably this worths a wish to upstream. With respect to us, pspell can
> put a Debian specific file with entries for all ispell dicts known in
> Debian (they will surely work for aspell too), or we can handle that
> diverting that file, but it is simpler from the libpspell4 package.

We might indeed add support for adding items to that file in
dictionaries-common, but I am not sure about what is better to do.  First of
all, the region-to-spelling.map file must change its location to be either
under /etc or /var.  Also, we need to add a new field to the ispell-info
file (for instance, "Locale").  Using this information, it would be easy to
modifiy the relevant line when installing the package and to delete the said
line when the package is removed.

On the other hand, we might ask to the maintainer of libspell to just change
the upstream file and add all the necessary entries for all dictionaries
present in Debian.  The drawback of this method is that individual IDWP
maintainers will loose control on pspell behavior, and there will be a
burden upon libpspell maintainer's shoulders.

A third possibility will be to have dictionaries-common diverting the file,
but the drawback mentioned above will remains.

> Have a nice weekend,

You two, and good look for Spain against Ireland!

--
Rafael