[Dict-common-dev] Experimental support for regions-to-spelling.map

Domenico Andreoli cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:27:21 +0200

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 03:39:03PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> * Agust?n Mart?n Domingo <agmartin@aq.upm.es> [2002-06-17 15:22]:
>
> > We can parse the diverted file. But yes, it is much simpler to have their
> > values hardcoded as starting authoritative values and for each new entry
> > with a Locale field check whether the key is already defined and if not add
> > the entry to the hash. This structure can also be used if aspell makes its
> > way into the policy, since aspell dicts will provide entries duplicated
> > with respect to those from the equivalent ispell dicts.
>
> Do you know which entries in regions-to-spelling.map are required/imposed by
> aspell?  Your suggestion above is quite straightforward to implement, but I
> have to have the requested info.

i don't think aspell requires anything. this file should be used only
when the aspell asks for language tags (it is a way to ask aspell for
a particular dictionary/language/jrgon/dilect/whatever) like en_GB or
it_IT in order to know which worldlist should be taken, since their
name starts with the extended name of the language.

> At any rate, I am quite happy that Domenico pushed us towards integration of
> Pspell support.  We obtained AbiWord support (almost) for free and it will
> open the way for all applications using libpspell (sylpheed-claws and balsa,
> among others).

there is also gnome-spell, which is a component that wraps around pspell.

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50