[Dict-common-dev] Re: dict policy

Domenico Andreoli cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:34:25 +0200

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 01:07:00PM +0200, Agust?n Mart?n Domingo wrote:

> As a matter of fact, that info can also be of help for use of ispell as
> spellchecker under vim and friends. I guess that something similar in
> concept to ispell-wrapper can be used for aspell but until the Debian
> aspell people can find a time slice to see how can aspell be integrated
> in the policy do not expect big results.

[pspell side]

in the interface to pspell a way to pass options is available. i don't
know which is, but this is a matter of the developer using pspell.

looking at url
  http://aspell.net/pspell-man/4_Library.html#SECTION00540000000000000000
we see that an option named "language-tag" select the language to be
used for the check.

this is provided by the application *to* pspell.

[pspell-aspell side]

libaspell shared library (and then aspell binary) manages a system
of configuration files to decide various options like the language to
be used.  aspell module for pspell passes this option after having got
it somewhere (configuration files, defaults...).

please look at
http://aspell.net/aspell-man/5_Customizing.html#SECTION00610000000000000000

[pspell-ispell side]

ispell module for pspell seems to not provide a "language-tag" option to
pspell. this sounds strange to me but through the 600 lines of code of
the only source file of pspell-ispell language-tag is never mentioned. so
if you want to choose a language for the check with pspell-ispell you
are on you own.

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50