[Dict-common-dev] Re: New virtual package: myspell-dictionary?

Chris Waters xtifr@debian.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:24:46 -0700

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 07:44:06PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:

> "Packages MUST NOT use virtual package names (except privately, amongst
> a cooperating group of packages) unless they have been agreed upon and
> appear in this list."

Note that the exception ("except privately...") is large enough to
drive a truck through! :)

But yeah, I have no problem with this name.  It seems well-formed,
consistent with existing practice, and doesn't conflict with anything
else I'm aware of, and, AFAIK, those are really the only valid reasons
for objecting to a proposed virtual package name.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single