[Dict-common-dev] RFC: Allowing ispell dictionaries hash build at postinst

Ivo Timmermans ivo@o2w.nl
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:01:32 +0100

Agust=C3=ADn Mart=C3=ADn Domingo wrote:
> Disadvantages of this possibility:
>=20
> The disadvantage of this system would be a bit larger installed packages=
=20
> and a bit longer installation time (timings show that this might not be
> significant, building hash for 5 dicts in a 486 DX/4 took not much more=
=20
> than a minute), as well as losing the extra testing step the=20
> autobuilders provide. The buildhash step is probably the less prone to=20
> errors in a ispell dict building, so probably this last is not important.

I'm really in favor of doing this (mainly because it makes the
packages Arch: all, like you said), but the user must be able to skip
or defer the hash generation.  To do this, it might be a good idea to
make a tool to do this whenever the sysadmin is ready for it.

	Ivo

--=20
While Mac evangelism is as silly as worshipping a dead Sci-fi writer,
Linux evangelism seems to expect everyone to rely on the belief of
miracles with no further evidence needed.
	- Steve Gilliard