[Dict-common-dev] dictionaries-common system and new aspell passing to testing this weekend

Agustin Martin Domingo agmartin@aq.upm.es
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:25:08 +0100

Hi all,

Just to let you know that after glibc1.3 passed to testing and new
aspell is ready for testing there are no more reasons to prevent both
systems from passing to testing, so the fake bug report against
dictionaries-common that is preventing that transition will soon be
removed. I hope that during this weekend most of the dictionaries
related packages will pass to testing.

So, if you intend to make a new upload soon please wait until your
current new policy package has passed to testing for that upload, unless
it is urgent. Also, if you did an upload very recently your package will
need some days to go into testing, please let it pass before new uploads.

There are still problems with some packages that make extensive use of
sed during its building. glibc 1.3 has changed its regexp machine and
this has caused an strange behavior, making sed much slower in some
cases (See #65458), sometimes this shows up in most arches and sometimes
this might be only for the slowest one (m68k).

If this is a big inconvenience for you, please get in touch ASAP with
both me and aspell maintainer, so we can hold things.

Cheers,