[Dict-common-dev] MySpell hyphenation patterns

Agustin Martin Domingo agustin.martin@hispalinux.es
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:02:58 +0100

Rene Engelhard wrote:

> $ dpkg -L libmyspell-dev | grep bin | grep spell
> /usr/bin/i2myspell
> /usr/bin/is2my-spell.pl
>
> I could add your script here, too..

Yes Rene, I saw them there, thanks or the offer.

I thought about putting the script at some time in
dictionaries-common-dev, but since the myspell2 source package has few
dependencies and build dependencies I agree that it is a good place for
it, with the added value of being together with the other scripts.

I have modified some things in the script to allow experimental partial
support for non alphabetic flags, fixed some bug and, since there are
also ispell2myspell.pl and ispell2myspell.py scripts flying around,

https://init.linpro.no/pipermail/skolelinux.no/commits/2002-May/003810.html
http://sraige.mif.vu.lt/cvs/ispell-lt/tools/ispell2myspell.py

I renamed my script to ispellaff2myspell to avoid confusion (it works
only with the .aff, so is even more appropiate) and put it at

   http://corbu.aq.upm.es/~agmartin/linux/store/ispellaff2myspell

Before adding it to the package I should probably doublecheck the
script, and also write some sort of pod section for it. Anybody
interested in checking the script in the meantime is welcome.

I will send you the script after I find time to do some checkings and
write that documentation.

Cheers,

--
Agustin