[Dict-common-dev] Re: Debian transition to Aspell 0.60

Brian Nelson nelson@bignachos.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:48:21 -0800

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 06:26:14PM +0100, Remi Vanicat wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:13:48 +0100, Agustin Martin
> <agustin.martin@hispalinux.es> wrote:
>
> > No objection at all, of course.
> >
> > Some other remarks for aspell dicts.
> >
> > Please register your aspell dict for use in emacs, look at
> >
> >   http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/dsdt-policy.html#aspell-registration
> >
> > You do not need to add all the entries the equivalent ispell dict has, just
> > the ones that are relevant to aspell (e.g., no need to add most of the tex
> > variants).
>
> I've done the test with my aspell-fr package, with the following outcome :
> it seem that the new transitional aspell-en does not register itself,
> and with my dictionary registering itself, the aspell-en dictionary is
> not available anymore from emacs. So I wonder what I should do,
> because this is realy inconvenient.

Please try the new aspell-en package available at
http://people.debian.org/~pyro/pending/ and let me know if that works
for you.  I've taken a crack at doing the dictionary registration
thing...

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.