[Dict-common-dev] Re: Debian transition to Aspell 0.60

Agustin Martin agustin.martin@hispalinux.es
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:40:08 +0100

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 12:48:21PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:

> Please try the new aspell-en package available at
> http://people.debian.org/~pyro/pending/ and let me know if that works
> for you.  I've taken a crack at doing the dictionary registration
> thing...

Note that currently the effect of registration is mostly that things like

; Local Variables:
; ispell-local-dictionary: "language"
; End:

will use the casechars, ... for that language (not very important for
english, since it uses defaults), but it might not be accesible from the
pop-up menus or from ispell-change-dictionary unless an ispell dict
providing language.hash is installed (or, after setting
ispell-local-dictionary the above way, for ispell-change-dictionary).
I am considering to build the valid-dictionary-list after the {i,a}spell
installed packages, so all are shown.

Another thing that goes with registration and should require more tests
is the Aspell-Locales entry. It intends to somewhat match locale with
aspell dicts so {not-}casechars are properly selected when spellchecking
with the default setting, instead of given the default (english) value.
Whether it really works or not requires much more testing for other
languages (tested only with aspell-galician-minimos).

Cheers,

--
Agustin