[Dict-common-dev] Aspell hash autobuilding

Brian Nelson nelson@bignachos.com
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:07:30 -0700

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:55:59PM +0200, Agustin Martin wrote:
[...]
> This way, aspell dicts packages will be arch: all, much nicer to our
> mirrors, and will depend directly on aspell-bin, so no problem in further
> transitions.

Note that the auto-built dictionaries will need to provide a virtual
package to indicate aspell compatibility.  Currently, the non-auto-built
dictionaries should provide "aspell6a-dictionary".  Since the auto-built
ones will not depend on any specific version of aspell, what do you
think of them providing "aspell-dictionary"?  (It should be OK to
reintroduce the aspell-dictionary virtual package since sarge contains
no references to it.)  *Only* dictionaries that are autobuilt should
provide this; non-auto-built ones should continue to provide
aspell6a-dictionary.

That way, aspell will recommend "aspell-en | aspell6a-dictionary |
aspell-dictionary", meaning it will work with any normal dictionary
providing aspell6a-dictionary or any autobuilt dictionary providing
aspell-dictionary.  Compatibility with either dictionary flavor will be
supported.

Make sense?

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.