[Dict-common-dev] How to package hunspell vs. myspell dict?

Roland Rosenfeld roland at spinnaker.de
Sun Feb 5 10:29:02 UTC 2006

Hi!

The German dictionary igerman98 provides support for myspell as well
as for hunspell.  The dictionaries use the same format, but as far as
I can see, the hunspell version uses some new features (better
composita support) and an extended affix file.

My question is, how I should package this.  Should I package the
hunspell dirs as myspell-*?  Will this work correct with the old
myspell?  Or should I keep the old myspell-* packages as they are and
create additional hunspell-* (or myspell-hun-*) packages for hunspell?

I never used myspell myself, so I don't have an idea how to test this
(ooo isn't so much fun on amd64).

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--