[Dict-common-dev] Re: implementing aspell hash generation at install time

Agustin Martin agustin.martin at hispalinux.es
Wed Jan 11 11:51:34 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 01:55:25PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> pe, 2006-01-06 kello 14:54 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine kirjoitti:
>
> > I'm the maintainer of rus-ispell and ispell-et, from which are generated
> > corresponding aspell dictionaries.  I have recently upgraded my packages
> > to Provides aspell6a dictionaries with build-time hash generation.
> >
> > I would now like precise step-by-step instructions on how to convert to
> > install-time hash generation to Provides aspell dictionaries.
>
> I'd also mention that I already read Brian Nelson's post in #318816. The
> part that remains unclear to me are steps 7 and 8, more precisely how to
> generate the CWL file from ispell dictionaries.

You just need to use the wordlist you used to build the hash, but pass
it through prezip and gzip, getting the output whatever.cwl.gz (cwl stands
for compressed wordlist) and install in the right place,

man aspell-autobuildhash

will help you (with .hash occurrences changed to .rws, I just noticed that
was not updated)

>From espa-nol package (currently building aspell-es), $(ISOLANG).wl is the
wordlist

prezip $(ISOLANG).wl