[Dict-common-dev] looking for sponsor for new aspell-tl and itagalog packages

Agustin Martin agustin.martin at hispalinux.es
Tue Feb 27 12:00:08 CET 2007

(Resending, yesterdays message seems lost)

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:10:32PM +1100, Jan Michael C. Alonzo wrote:

> Hi! I have updated packages for aspell-tl and itagalog at
> http://proyekto.unpluggable.com/debian/unstable. These were updated because of
> new upstream releases of aspell-tl and ispell-tl. I also made improvements in
> the debian package files as well as cleaned up lintian warnings/error reports.
>
> I hope someone sponsors it. Thanks!

Hi, Jan,

I will happily sponsor it, but I think is better waiting until etch is
released. In the meantime I looked at the packages and found some pending
problems. I am attaching patches for them,

aspell-tl:

- Just make lintian happy removing an extra whitespace that was breaking
  header format. Made another cosmetic change (double empty ine changed
  to single).

ispell-tl:

- Renamed debian/itagalog.info-aspell to debian/itagalog.info-ispell.
- debian/rules: use distclean instead of clean (debian/rules clean did
  not clean hash file)

I have built packages with those changes applied and put them in our staging
area at

http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/aspell-autobuildhash/

with no version changes.

Since I noticed that aspell aff file is far more complete than the ispell
one, I suppose that it will be the most active one, so splitting sources
seems OK.

Since aspell-tl has new elements, I think I should upload it first, and
ispell-tl only when it is accepted, otherwise there will be no aspell-tl
available in unstable for some days.

--
Agustin