[Dict-common-dev] looking for sponsor for new aspell-tl and itagalog packages

Jan Michael C. Alonzo jmalonzo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 22:18:29 CET 2007

Agustin Martin <agustin.martin at hispalinux.es> writes:

> Hi, Jan,

Hello!

> I will happily sponsor it, but I think is better waiting until etch is
> released. In the meantime I looked at the packages and found some pending
> problems. I am attaching patches for them,

Ok. Thank you. Waiting until etch gets released is fine. I might be able to do new
upstream releases and packages by then with all the suggestions.

> aspell-tl:
>
> - Just make lintian happy removing an extra whitespace that was breaking
>   header format. Made another cosmetic change (double empty ine changed
>   to single).
>
> ispell-tl:
>
> - Renamed debian/itagalog.info-aspell to debian/itagalog.info-ispell.
> - debian/rules: use distclean instead of clean (debian/rules clean did
>   not clean hash file)
>
> I have built packages with those changes applied and put them in our staging
> area at
>
> http://dict-common.alioth.debian.org/aspell-autobuildhash/
>
> with no version changes.

Thank you the patch and for the upload.

> Since I noticed that aspell aff file is far more complete than the ispell
> one, I suppose that it will be the most active one, so splitting sources
> seems OK.

Yeah thanks. One question, should aspell-tl get a new changelog? I just left
the old ispell-tl changelog entries there, or should I rename it as
changelog.presplit and create a new changelog for aspell-tl?

> Since aspell-tl has new elements, I think I should upload it first, and
> ispell-tl only when it is accepted, otherwise there will be no aspell-tl
> available in unstable for some days.

That makes sense. Thanks Agustin!

Regards,

Jan

--
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. -Thomas
Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)