[Dict-common-dev] openoffice.org: dictionary.lst is gone

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sat Dec 20 19:52:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

Agustin Martin wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 12:11:44AM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > OpenOffice.org 3.0.0 removed the need for a dictionary.lst (but still
> > honoured it but since 3.0.1 rc1 it does not do even that anymore.). We now
> > can specify the paths of the dicts separately (and that even distinct
> > for dicts, hyph patters and thesauri)
> >
> > Fortunately the naming scheme for the dictionaries didn't change, so the
> > packages' contents don't need to change - except that
> >  - .info-myspell is obsolete
> >  - the packages do not need to carll update-openoffice-dicts anymore
> >  - update-openoffice-dicts is not needed anymore
> >
> > I think we should do the transition asap for squeeze and remove
> > dictionary.lst.
>
> If possible, I would like squeeze hunspell dicts to work in lenny ooo
> without manual intervention. For that reason I am for keeping the calls, in
> case the dictionary is used from lenny. I would change the dictionaries.lst

Hrm.

> header to explain that is left there *only* for backwards compatibility of
> the dictionary. May be put the obsolete stuff in an special place in the

That can be done, yes...

> policy document.

but then new dicts also need to add it for compat with lenny, but they won't when
it's in an other section. So what you propose is keeping the stuff inside the policy
although it isn't used.

> > I propose the following diff, which - if you have no objections - will
> > upload to experimental together with OOo 3.0.1 and together to sid with it.
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~rene/openoffice.org/dictionary-lst-gone.diff
>
> Be careful, that .diff contains a lot of changes in the lisp code, result of
> applying the dpatches during the build process. Make sure you run
> 'fakeroot debian/rules clean' afterwards (is not automatically done), so
> patches are unapplied. gitk is your friend.

Yep, noticed that, too.

> I will not have much free time these days, will be back to this when
> possible. I will then look really at the code instead of just a quick look
> at the .diff. Since lenny is taking longer than expected, we have time.

OK. I tested it, though :)

And well, lenny is due in January according to current plans (shortly after d-i rc2)...

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene at debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73