[Dict-common-dev] dictionary packaging

Agustin Martin agustin.martin at hispalinux.es
Mon Oct 6 15:03:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 09:22:00AM -0400, Mike McWay wrote:
> shouldn't be any naming conflicts there. The OpenMedSpel dictionary I'm
> packaging should also be an auxiliary dictionary but I couldnt get it
> recognized by OpenOffice without adding a blank .aff file, which I assume is
> not the appropriate way but it works. Seems like the main EN dict is also
> used in this case as well.

Seems I hardcoded somewhere in my mind that you also wanted to package a
*German* medical dict. Should now be fixed :-).

> How do I install it as an auxiliary dict? I'll take a look at the german
> package after work which should hopefully answer this.

hunspell-de-med should give you the hints. Note that seems you need to
explicitly set a base dict for hunspell to be able to use an auxiliary
dictionary along with it (I just learned about that),