[Dict-common-dev] {My, Hun}spell dicts and OOo hyphenations/thesauri transition

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Wed Aug 19 17:45:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 05:52:32AM +0200, Agustin Martin wrote:
> I think I have somewhere some code for dictionaries-common-dev to make
> things easier. I just have to look for it.

So are you going to do the update for STEP 1? Or should I do the minimalist
things needed for it and the "make things easier" stuff should be done later?

> Having something like a --o2compat option in installdeb-myspell can be
> useful. Default would initially be yes (so there is no need to
> explicitly put it) and can be changed to no when needed (and only
> explicitly enabled for backports).

Please default to no. o2compat would involve /usr/share/myspell/dicts
and the info file which we should get rid of - at latest when squeeze has
a OOo3 so people running stable have a OOo3 there,

Maintaining it until infinity makes no sense, ans just clobbers the file
system for no reason (a /usr/share/myspell/dicts not used by anyone).

> I have been thinking about keeping something like the old myspell-info
> format just to use it as a more complex files file, telling where to
> install each file, and to generate some symlinks for openoffice use
> (like es_AR -> es_ES for dicts), that were previously addressed from
> the info file.

That'd be nice, yes.

Grüße/Regards,

Rene
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene at debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70