[Dict-common-dev] openoffice.org: dictionary.lst is gone

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Jan 19 00:48:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

Agustin Martin wrote:
> Any reaction? Do I commit this change?

I just had a look, built a dictionaries-common-dev with this and rebuilt
igerman98. Still I get update-openoffice-dicts calls. Was that intended?

We at least need a combination of yours and mine proposals. What I
want is NO dictionary.lst on any system having OOo3, and that is quite
pressing now since lenny release is soon and I would like to upload OOo3
to sid asap after lenny release.

So what we have:
 - some sort of compat with lenny (your installdeb-myspell, which
   at least for me, still
   - installed into /usr/share/myspell/dicts
   - still runs update-openoffice-dicts in the maintainer scripts
  so ok for the first step.)
 - update-openoffice-dicts should become a non-op and remove dictionary.lst
   (my original patch and your suggestion from Dec, 23)

The path issues come later when we finished dictionary.lst (it needs
involvement and rebuilds of all dicts anyway and so should be properly
coordinated between all them, not just dict-common and -openoffice).

This initial coordination round was just about dictionary.lst.

Regards,

Rene