[Dict-common-dev] [rene at debian.org: LibreOffice and openoffice.org-{hyphenation, thesaurus}-*]

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Tue Jan 11 19:50:32 UTC 2011

oops wrong ML address...

----- Forwarded message from Rene Engelhard <rene at debian.org> -----

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:35:00 +0100
From: Rene Engelhard <rene at debian.org>
To: dictionaries-common at lists.alioth.debian.org,
	debian-openoffice at lists.debian.org,
	John Steele Scott <toojays at toojays.net>,
	Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>,
	Mateusz Skowronski <skowri at gmail.com>,
	Vedran Furač <vedran.furac at gmail.com>,
	Kęstutis Biliūnas <kebil at kaunas.init.lt>,
	Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at debian.org>
Cc: debian-release at lists.debian.org
Subject: LibreOffice and openoffice.org-{hyphenation,thesaurus}-*

Hi,

OpenOffice.org will be replaces by LibreOffice after squeeze is released.
With that step, the thesauri and hyphenation patterns right now are badly
named (openoffice.org-{hyphenation,thesaurus}-*. I think we should fix that.

I discussed this a bit and we came to the following conclusion:

 a) openoffice.org-hyphenation-*:

    scribus also uses those patterns[1] and since it started to do so they were
    bogusly named anyway. As the library which handles this is libhyphen,
    we should go with hyphen-* (as other distros - like Fedora - already do).

 b) openoffice.org-thesaurus-*:

    TTBOMK there's no other application except OOo/LibO which uses libmythes.
    Are you aware of any (or of any else using the same format fwiw).
    So we should rename them all to libreoffice-*... If there were some, I'd
    go for mythes-*.

Comments?

Grüße/Regards,

René

[1] There's http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=533081 and
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=533081 in the way, though
when that finally got fixed scribus would be able to use  the same patterns...
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene at debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-openoffice-REQUEST at lists.debian.org
Archive: http://lists.debian.org/20110111193500.GA5433@rene-engelhard.de

----- End forwarded message -----