[Dsc-maintainers] dsc-statistics documentation build fail on mipsel

Shane McDonald mcdonald.shane at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 23:12:12 UTC 2011

Hi Marc:

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 6:30 AM, Marc Haber
<mh+debian-packages at zugschlus.de> wrote:
> [please Cc: me on replies, I am not subscribed to debian-mips]
>
> Hi,
>
> dsc-statistics build has failed on monteverdi [mipsel] (see
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=dsc-statistics&arch=mipsel&ver=201008131729-6&stamp=1302731171).
>
> The failure has happened in a safety check that checks whether the
> documentation pdf that is destined to be included in the architecture
> dependent package dsc-statistics-collector contains the expected
> contents.
>
> As the documentation build has worked on all archs except mipsel, I
> suspect that some part of the latex => pdftex => dvips => ps2pdf
> toolchain may be broken on mipsel. I don't have any other explanation
> for the build failure.

  I have a mipsel box.  I just tried building dsc-statistics_201008131729-6
with pbuilder in a sid chroot.  It built successfully for me.  I didn't apply
your patch, but of course it wouldn't have provided any useful information
as the wdiff command didn't see too many changes:

/usr/bin/pod2man --section=8 --release="DSC " --lax \
        --center="Debian GNU/Linux" debian/dsc.pod > debian/dsc.8
pdftotext docsrc/dsc-manual.pdf docsrc/dsc-manual.txt
pdftotext doc/dsc-manual.pdf doc/dsc-manual.txt
if [ "$(wdiff --no-common docsrc/dsc-manual.txt doc/dsc-manual.txt |
wc -l)" -gt 6 ]; then \
                echo "too many changes in docs since release,
.orig.tar.gz repackaging needed"; \
                exit 1; \
        fi
cp docsrc/dsc-manual.pdf
/tmp/buildd/dsc-statistics-201008131729/debian/dsc-statistics-collector/usr/share/doc/dsc-statistics-collector/dsc-manual.pdf

I'm not sure why the build would have failed on monteverdi.

Shane