Picture in picture crashes dvswitch

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Nov 29 05:53:41 UTC 2008

When I try to use the picture in picture feature of dvswitch, using
the svn version, it always crashes with a assert problem.  I've tried
to follow the instructions in the README:

  Applying effects
  ----------------

  Currently the only mixing effect is picture-in-picture.  To apply this
  effect:

  1. Select the primary video source by pressing its number key or
     clicking the 'A' button under its thumbnail
  2. Select the secondary video source by pressing Alt and its number
     key or clicking the 'B' button under its thumbnail
  3. Press P
  4. Select the area the secondary video source should overlay in the
     main display, using mouse button 1 (normally left).  You can also
     extend the selection using mouse button 2 (normally middle).
     You can also cancel selection by pressing Escape.
  5. Press Return/Enter

  To cancel the effect, press Escape.

Are these instructions correct?  Is the picture-in-picture feature
supposed to be working in the svn version?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen