[Egtk-discuss] Re: A serious question from naive beginner...

Oliver Elphick olly at lfix.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 15:27:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 11:43 +0100, Paolo Redaelli wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 26/11/2005 alle 15.02 +0000, Daniel F Moisset ha scritto:
> > Are you working in egtk? what do you know about its status? I would like
> > to help.
> I was working with Andreas Leitner on GTK2 wrappers as part of the
> "Eiffel Wrapper Generator" (ewg). Now that GOBO/ISE Eiffel and
> Smart-Eiffel are progressively becoming two different languages I've
> chosen to stay - as I usually do - on the Free/GNU/Libre Software side
> and I'm trying to merge my work on ewg-gtk2 with egtk in order to make
> egtk aligned with current GTK. Current release of egtk uses gtk 1.2;
> current GTK is 2.x (10 or something like this).
>
> I'm having some problems finding time for it thought because I've no net
> connection at all at home and I've very few spare time at work to hack
> on egtk.
>
> Oliver Elphick is the main developer of egtk.

Richie Bielak was the original author, and others have helped too.

Anyone wanting to help with development needs to get an Alioth account
at http://alioth.debian.org/account/register.php

> There's a Yahoo group about egtk see
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eiffel-gtk-discuss/ for further
> informations.

Since the project is now hosted at Alioth, it makes sense to use the
Alioth list as far as possible:
  egtk-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org
but I am copying the Yahoo Groups list for now.

Oliver Elphick                                          olly at lfix.co.uk