Need help

Christophe Monniez dfence.242 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 21:18:51 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have some problems with some packages and need help.

I'm really motivated in fixing the two rc bugs of galetta and pasco.
The problem is that git doesn't import empty directories but there is
one in the upstream package.
It causes errors when the package is build on the debian systems.

I don't know how to handle that problem and I'm affraid of making mistakes.
My first idea is to add something to create the directory in the debian/rules.
If you have any idea, I get it.

I also need help for another kind of problem:
there is a new upstream version of grokevt. I send a mail to David
Paleino who is the first maintainer/uploader.
He told me to take the package because he is not interested anymore in
Debian forensics.
The problem is that I don't know how to handle new upstream versions.
If someone can give here the steps to do it the right way, it would be
of great help.

The last one is not really a problem but a general question:
the libewf software (http://www.uitwisselplatform.nl/projects/libewf/)
have two different branches:
- libewf
and
- libewf-beta

The beta one is sometimes interesting and stable enough to replace the
normal one.
Is it a possible / a good idea to create a libewf-beta package ?
Is it a common practice with other softwares ?

I know that we are only a few to read this mailing list but I really
need some help to go further.

Thanks

--
Christophe Monniez