Wrong mode

Daniel Baumann daniel at debian.org
Tue Sep 16 07:53:35 UTC 2008

Christophe Monniez wrote:
> Hi,

> It seems that the file '/git/forensics/grokevt.git/hooks/post-receive'
> has wrong permissions on the alioth server.
> I thing that's the reason why commit doesn't appear on IRC.

yes.

> Unfortunately, I cannot change the permissions by myself because the
> owner is hanska-guest :

me neither. however, this permission thing is a long standing
'broken-by-design' situation with how git is hosted on alioth. if they
would use gitosis, all these problems would dissappear immediately..
(and it sucks to need to get alioth admins to cleanup permissions all
the time).

since this is not happening anytime soon, i'm hosting my own git
repositories on git.debian.net (with gitosis) since january. i was
thinking of moving  the repositories of debian-forensics to
git.debian.net. what do you guys think?

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net