bios-memimage_1.2-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sun Aug 16 16:35:27 UTC 2009

Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
>> The copyright file is correct with regard to (C) holders.
>
> it's arguable if headers exceeds the threshold of originality and can be
> claimed copyrightable, however, as joerg wants them included, please do so.

Ah, I see. Joerg, you're talking about the copyright for the files in
stand? I'll go through and add the proper references in the copyright
file. When I'm done, I'll push the changes to git.

>>> BTW - is the package really "Architecture: any" or is it "amd64 i386"?
>> The software for talking to the scraper is plain C. The PXE/disk
>> payloads are amd64 and i386. However, the payloads do not run on the
>> machine where the package is installed. I thought that qualified as
>> architecture 'any' for the package. Is this a mistake? A PPC machine
>> should be able to use these programs and payloads just fine, their
>> target machine has to fit a specific architecture...
>
> yep, it's correct as it is; payloads on amd64/i386 only, the computation
> programs to crunch on the data optained by the payloads are any.

Ok, that's what I thought. It may be a bit confusing for a user but it
should be correct for packaging reasons...

Best,
Jacob