afflib fails to build on some architectures

Michael Prokop mika at debian.org
Sat Dec 12 23:57:37 UTC 2009

[Please CC me on replies as I'm not subscribed to the aff-discuss list, thanks.]

Hi,

I'm member of the Debian forensics team and wanted to inform you
that we noticed a problem with building afflib on some
architectures:

  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?suite=unstable&p=afflib

As you can see the tests fail at/with:

  af_open(blank.aff): No such file or directory
  ENCRYPTED SEGMENTS IN BLANKE.AFF --- STOP
  FAIL: test_passphrase.sh

The bugs are reported in Debian's BTS at:

As this is a showstopper for afflib being shipped with the upcoming
stable release of Debian I'd appreciate any help so we can resolve
this issue.

Do you have any ideas how we could fix this issue (without having to
disable the tests of course :))?

BTW: We already have a patch which addresses a bashism issue in the
tools/test_*.sh scripts. You're welcome to apply it in your upstream
tree:

  http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/dl/afflib/3.5.2+dfsg-1/03-bashism.patch

PS: The mailaddress referenced in the source tree where bugreports
should be sent to is broken (mails to bugs at afflib.org just bounce),
Cc-ing Simson directly therefore.

Thanks.

regards,