afflib fails to build on some architectures

Michael Prokop mika at debian.org
Sun Dec 13 16:55:24 UTC 2009

* Simson Garfinkel <simsong at acm.org> [20091213 01:15]:

> I have had a persistent problem getting the tests to work because
> the binary and test files are in different locations when I am do
> a "make check" vs. a "make distcheck". The directory where the
> binaries are is set to be read-only in some cases but not in other
> cases. There is a file that is distributed which ends up
> I-dont-know-where.

> If you can show me a list of all of the environment variables at
> my disposal for the test scripts and how they are supposed to be
> used, I can put out a bug fix within the next 24 hours.

Sadly I can't reproduce it via *manually* building it on an affected
plattform as it works within the following environment:

agricola% env
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LANG=C
USER=mika
LOGNAME=mika
HOME=/home/mika
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games
MAIL=/var/mail/mika
SHELL=/bin/zsh
SSH_CLIENT=[...]
SSH_CONNECTION=[...]
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/2
TERM=screen
SHLVL=2
PWD=/home/mika/afflib-3.5.2+dfsg
OLDPWD=/home/mika
_=/usr/bin/env

% debuild -us -uc
[...]
dpkg-deb: building package `libafflib0' in `../libafflib0_3.5.2+dfsg-1_armel.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package `libafflib-dev' in `../libafflib-dev_3.5.2+dfsg-1_armel.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package `afflib-dbg' in `../afflib-dbg_3.5.2+dfsg-1_armel.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package `afflib-tools' in `../afflib-tools_3.5.2+dfsg-1_armel.deb'.

Could the empty TERM variable (as mentioned in
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?suite=unstable&p=afflib#fail-afflib-armel)
be related to the issue?
Any race conditions depending on the power of the build machine?

regards,
-mika-