pHash library

Michael Prokop mika at debian.org
Mon Dec 14 18:18:21 UTC 2009

* Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago at debian.org> [20091214 18:46]:

> I've just finished a first usable libphash (#519290) package for Debian.
> Before pushing it to NEW I would appreciate a review from the team. I'm not
> experienced in libraries packaging so a review could avoid issues with
> ftp-master.

> Homepage: http://phash.org
> Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=forensics/libphash.git
> Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/forensics/libphash.git

The libs look ok to me. But libphash-samples maybe isn't perfect
yet:

* Binary names like test_video are calling for problems.
  Are the binaries useful at all or would providing just the
  cpp files be sufficient?

* Assuming the binaries should be shipped: there are no manpages
  for all the provided binaries.

* I'd prefer something like phash-samples as package name for a
  package providing binaries instead of lib*.

* I assume the DH_VERBOSE=1 inside debian/rules is intentional for
  now. ;)

Though I'd appreciate if you could use the branching approach we use
in the forensics project. It was established by Daniel in recent
days and the big benefit of it is that the upstream tarball is
available within the git repository.

The documentation used to be available at:

  http://daniel.debian.net/documents/cheatpages/git.html
  http://daniel.debian.net/documents/cheatpages/maintainer.html

Though Daniel's website seems to be offline, I just uploaded a
copy therefore to:

  http://people.debian.org/~mika/forensics/git.html
  http://people.debian.org/~mika/forensics/maintainer.html

[Yeah, we should provide official docs for our workflow on the
Debian forensics homepage once....]

Thanks for your work.

just my 2 cent && regards,
-mika-