RFS: logkeys

Michael Prokop mika at debian.org
Tue May 18 11:31:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

Vedran, first of all - sorry for the long delay in answering your mail.

* Vedran Furač <vedran.furac at gmail.com> [Tue Apr 06, 2010 at 10:54:43PM +0200]:

> I was directed to this mailing list by Asheesh Laroia.

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "logkeys". I would also note
> that I'm familiar with this process as, for some years now, I already
> maintain a couple of packages in debian and hopefully I haven't made any
> errors when packaging this one.

> * Package name    : logkeys
>   Version         : 0.1.0-1
>   Upstream Author : Kernc <kernc... at gmail.com>
> * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/logkeys/
> * License         : GPLv3
>   Section         : admin

> It builds this binary package:
> logkeys    - a keylogger for GNU/Linux systems

> The upload would fix these bugs: 567414

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/logkeys/logkeys_0.1.0-1.dsc

The package builds fine and lintian complains just about
quilt-patch-missing-description, binary-without-manpage,
manpage-has-errors-from-man and hyphen-used-as-minus-sign.

I'm wondering about the "DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO PUBLIC
LICENSE" in COPYING even though http://code.google.com/p/logkeys/
says "GNU General Public License v3". I'm aware that the WTFPL is
considered as GPL compatible, though I'm wondering whether
debian/copyright shouldn't mention WTFPL instead?

@Debian-Forensics team: are we interested in this package?

regards,
-mika-