extundelete

Elías Alejandro ealmdz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:03:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 09:57:54AM +0200, Christophe Monniez wrote:
> It builds well with git-buildpackage.
> I tested the software against some ext3 partitions and it worked as
> expected.

Thanks!
> Here is what we could do to improve the package:
>         - change the extundelete synopsis in the man page which says:
>                 extundelete [options] files...
>                 when could modify it to say :
>                 extundelete [options] device-file
I've just made a commit about it.

>         - The man page does't mention the --dump-names option which is
>         mentioned in the help.
Seems this option is commented in upstream source and doesn't work. Maybe making a patch to
clear it from help option?

>         - We should ask the upstream author to add an option to specify
>         the directory where we want the files to be restored.
Somebody already tried ask a question about it [1]. I'll search about it and  try to make a patch.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=AANLkTimgrqMz74n0psDnjPezE2kXxk8aawjqasORGbu-%40mail.gmail.com