afflib package - bug #645915

Julien Valroff julien at debian.org
Tue Dec 27 12:57:22 UTC 2011

Hi Christoph,

Le mardi 27 déc. 2011 à 10:06:38 (+0100 CET), Christophe Monniez a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I worked on this bug [1] to try to solve it.
> I did a build in a clean environment and found that it was not linked
> against libreadline.
>
> I was disappointed and asked for help on debian-mentors IRC channel.
>
> It seems that the package was build in a n unclean environment before
> upload.
>
> I thought that packages were always built in a clean environment.

Except for the binary package built by the uploader (well, actuall, it
should be built in a clean environment, but nothing can guarantee this).

> Anyway, this situation can be easily solved by uploading the latest
> afflib which is in our git repository.
>
> So, Mika or Julien, could you have an eye on this package and upload it
> to close this bug ?

There are a few things to check before the package can be uploaded, here is
the output of lintian:
I: afflib source: missing-debian-source-format
W: afflib source: patch-system-but-direct-changes-in-diff ChangeLog and 33 more
W: afflib-dbg: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 1
W: afflib-dbg: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5
W: libafflib-dev: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 1
W: libafflib-dev: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5
W: libafflib0: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 1
W: libafflib0: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5
I: libafflib0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libafflib.so.0.0.0
W: afflib-tools: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 1
W: afflib-tools: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affcompare
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affconvert
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affcopy
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affcrypto
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affdiskprint
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affinfo
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affix
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affrecover
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affsegment
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affsign
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affstats
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affuse
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affverify
W: afflib-tools: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/affxml

All of them should be quite easy to fix - the manpages can be easily
generated via help2man (and then, forwarded upstream).

The changes made to upstream sources must be fixed. Here are the details of
what is actually changed:
dpkg-source: warning: the diff modifies the following upstream files:
 ChangeLog
 Makefile.in
 aclocal.m4
 affconfig.h.in
 afflib.spec
 configure
 configure.ac
 doc/Makefile.in
 lib/Makefile.in
 lib/afflib.h
 lib/afflib_i.h
 lib/afflib_pages.cpp
 lib/afflib_stream.cpp
 lib/afflib_util.cpp
 lib/aftimer.h
 lib/lzma_glue.cpp
 lib/utils.h
 lib/vnode_afd.cpp
 lib/vnode_aff.cpp
 ltmain.sh
 lzma443/Makefile.in
 man/Makefile.in
 pyaff/Makefile.in
 tests/Makefile.in
 tools/Makefile.in
 tools/affcat.cpp
 tools/affcompare.cpp
 tools/affconvert.cpp
 tools/affcrypto.cpp
 tools/affinfo.cpp
 tools/affix.cpp
 tools/affverify.cpp
 tools/affxml.cpp
 win32/affconfig.h

I can help if needed, but don't know much about this package.

Cheers,
Julien

--
  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien at kirya.net> ~ <julien at debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor