Status report / Package uploads / Request for comments

Christophe Monniez christophe.monniez at fccu.be
Tue Feb 22 07:52:19 UTC 2011

Le mardi 22 février 2011 à 00:57 +0100, Michael Prokop a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> squeeze is out, jey. :)
>
> Status report
> -------------
>
> I just uploaded a bunch of our packages (thanks for your work
> Christophe!) and will continue to do so over the next few days.

Thanks for this good work late at night Mika !

> A new guymager release is just waiting for libguytools2 2.0.1-1 to
> pass NEW queue.
>
> I'm in contact with the author of xmount to get a new upstream
> release into Debian as well (had some problems WRT libssl
> licensing).

It's maybe a good opportunity to add debian-forensics as package owner
to have it in our qa page ?

> Package uploads
> ---------------
>
> What's in my queue for uploading currently:
>
> * extundelete
> * libpff
> * sleuthkit (with afflib branch)
> * wipe
>
> Are there any further git repositories ready for uploading I should
> take care of right now? Does anyone need any help somewhere?

Not yet, I'm currently working on undbx and after that, I plan to work
on the latest sleuthkit but I have to study the way it was packaged to
not break things.

> Request for comments
> --------------------
>
> We had the issue coming up on IRC to get rid of tct. What do
> you guys think of that? Should I file a request for removal?

I agree to remove it.

> I'd like to make sure http://wiki.debian.org/DebianForensics/TODO
> and http://wiki.debian.org/DebianForensics/BugSquashing are up2date
> again, since squeeze being available now. If you have any updates
> for those pages please do so, so we can continue working on our
> packaging efforts as coordinated as possible.

I have added dff http://www.digital-forensic.org/ to the todo page. It's
already debianized but not officially.

--
Christophe Monniez <christophe.monniez at fccu.be>