unhide packaging

Christophe Monniez christophe.monniez at fccu.be
Wed Jun 1 06:59:23 UTC 2011

Le mardi 31 mai 2011 à 18:54 +0200, Julien Valroff a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I am wondering if it is ok for me to update unhide to the latest upstream
> version and add me as an uploader for the package.

Sure, no problem, that's why we are a team :)

> The new version was released in January, and the package hasn't been updated
> for more than 1 year.
>
> I'd also like to add a call to a trigger allowing rkhunter to update its
> database when unhide is installed as a "dependency" of rkhunter (or at the
> same time).
> This would allow me to fix #607224 in rkhunter, and begin working on finding
> a solution for the 2.5 years old #512087…
>
> I can push my changes straight away, and wait for Christophe to have a look
> at the changes (he knows the package better than I do).

That's not totally true, this package, like some others is an old
heritage from 2009 when Daniel left debian Forensics. At this moment, he
had too much package and he asked me to get all forensics related
packages that he was responsible for.

The fact is that it's too much packages for me too and I don't have time
to manage all of them. That's why the forensic team is a great
opportunity to divide the workload.

So, for this package, I have to admit that I don't know it very well and
if you want, you can set you as maintainer instead of me.

> Thanks in advance
> Cheers,
> Julien

Thanks to you Julien.