updating extundelete

Julien Valroff julien at debian.org
Mon Jun 6 18:55:37 UTC 2011

Hi Elías,

Le dimanche 05 juin 2011 à 22:50:02 (+0200 CEST), Elías Alejandro a écrit :
> Hi
> I've just updated extundelete[1]. Any member willing to review it?.

Thanks for your good work.

> I think todo is:
> - Add Christophe Monniez copyright.
> - Sync date under debian/changelog to be agree with Debian Policy 3.9.2
>   (if not lintian warning).

I had a quick look at the package, and it looks mainly ok, though
here are some tiny improvement suggestions beside the above points:

* Remove useless comments from debian/rules

  * You don't need to refer to your patch in the changelog, it's a new
    package. The README.Debian also seems useless. Both things can easily be
    replaced by using DEP-3 formatted headers in the patch file itself.

  * Again about this patch: have you forwarded it to upstream developers? If
    so, have they accepted it?
    I think it is a good idea to try and keep the Debian package as close as
    possible to the upstream tarball, and hence avoid unnecessary patches.

  * Have you also forwarded the manpage you have written? I guess this can
  * be useful for upstream to include it in their tarball.

  * You should use a standalone license paragraph for (at least) GPL-2+ (see
    DEP-5 for details)

  * debhelper compatibility should be bumped to 8 given you build-depend on
    >= 8.0.0

> - Someone willing DD under uploader field, to finally upload it.

I'd be happy to upload this package for you once these points are fixed.

Cheers,
Julien

--
  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien at kirya.net> ~ <julien at debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor