aimage

Don Raikes DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM
Mon Oct 10 18:36:26 UTC 2011

Just to add my 2 cents: the aimage package was replaced with guymage.  However, as a blind computer forensics wannabe, I have tested guymage and it is totally inaccessible to a blind person while aimage being a command-line application is not inaccessible.

I would push to have it maintained as  an available package.

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Valroff [mailto:julien at debian.org]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 11:33 AM
To: forensics-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: Re: aimage

Le lundi 10 oct. 2011 à 18:42:59 (+0200 CEST), Julien Valroff a écrit :
> Le lundi 10 oct. 2011 à 13:27:07 (+0200 CEST), Christophe Monniez a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I did a build (amd64) of aimage package from our git repository.
> > It build without any problem.
> > I then tried the program on another machine and it worked without any
> > error.
> >
> > So I think it's ready for upload if any dd have time enough.
>
> I'll take care of this.
> Thanks for testing

Now, I am puzzled: I have just pushed further changes and was reviewing the
package when I have came across #637818 - you have requested aimage to be
removed from the archive.

Are you sure you want it back? If it is not maintained upstream, I don't
think it is a good idea.

Cheers,
Julien

  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien at kirya.net> ~ <julien at debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor
 `. `'`   http://www.kirya.net/
   `-     4096R/ E1D8 5796 8214 4687 E416  948C 859F EF67 258E 26B1