volatility-profiles_20131121-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Sat Dec 28 15:44:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 12:51:20PM -0200, Eriberto wrote:
> Hi Paul!
>
> Thanks a lot for your message. I am the maintainer and upstream of the package.

Great! This'll help clear things up quickly :)

> The tarball content was generated by volatility[1]. Volatility is a
> program to analyse RAM dumps and needs profiles to understand each
> kernel version.

Ah, sweet. Sounds ultra useful. Can't wait to have it in Debian!

> The README of the volatility says:

> 2. INFORMATIONS
>
>  More informations about the use and how to make your profiles are available at
>  http://code.google.com/p/volatility/wiki/LinuxMemoryForensics.
>
> A volatility directory has a .c and a Makefile reponsible to generate
> each profile in each Linux distribution. The main idea of the package
> is make available profiles to several Linux kernels in some
> distributions. So, the source are the kernel headers and
> /usr/share/volatility/tools/ directory. See:
>
> $ tree /usr/share/volatility/tools/
> /usr/share/volatility/tools/
> ├── linux
> │   ├── Makefile
> │   ├── module.c
> │   └── pmem
> │       ├── Makefile
> │       └── pmem.c
> ├── mac
> │   ├── convert.py
> │   └── convert.pyc
> ├── vtype_diff.py
> └── vtype_diff.pyc
>
> Is it sufficient? If not, how to make the package DFSG compliant?

Yeah, should be great! I must have missed those; if the .c files /
Makefiles and associated build scripts are in the tarball, it's totally
great to upload.

Sorry if I missed that before, I was poking around the zips :)

> Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks for your work,
   Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87