rkhunter is marked for autoremoval from testing

Michael Prokop mika at debian.org
Fri Nov 28 10:08:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

* Debian testing autoremoval watch [Thu Nov 27, 2014 at 04:39:04AM +0000]:
> rkhunter 1.4.2-0.3 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2014-12-19

> It is affected by these RC bugs:
> 770242: rkhunter: upgrade/post-install errors

AFAIK Julien Valroff is no longer active in Debian but he didn't
orphan his package(s) (yet?), so I'm wondering who is interested in
maintaining the rkhunter package in Debian (Forensics).

The recent 3 uploads of rkhunter have been done by Francois Marier
(so Cc-ing) him, though all those changes are NOT yet integrated in
our Git repository AFAICT and I don't see the according NMU patches
neither. So those recent changes should get integrated into Git as well.

Any volunteers? Otherwise I'm afraid we won't have rkhunter in
Debian/jessie.

regards,
-mika-