reporting bugs/change requests

Joachim Metz joachim.metz at gmail.com
Fri May 8 05:50:33 UTC 2015

Hello Debian "forensic" software package maintainers,

I have a hard time finding the appropriate place to file a bug/change
request for the following issue. So excuses if this is not the right way.

I'm maintaining a package named pytsk: https://github.com/py4n6/pytsk
This package relies on libtsk which is part of the sleuthkit

However for version 4.1.3 of the sleuthkit an additional patch is required:
https://github.com/py4n6/pytsk/wiki/Building-SleuthKit

This patch has been integrated in the development version of the sleuthkit:
https://github.com/sleuthkit/sleuthkit/commit/89695380baf73428abc9d22de7ab212611c83a30

I'm hoping you will add the patch to the Debian sleuthkit 4.1.3 package so
pytsk can be built out of the box on a Debian system that ships sleuthkit
4.1.3. Since a new version of sleuthkit is still pending.

Also see:
https://launchpad.net/~gift/+archive/ubuntu/dev/+files/sleuthkit_4.1.3-1ppa1~trusty.tar.gz

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,